A food conversation that talks to your genes
The Genomic Kitchen Express course takes you to the heart of The Genomic Kitchen in just over four hours. Discover how the food you eat “talks” to your genes. Learn which food to choose, how it communicates with your genes, and simple, delicious ways to get the right food on your plate.
In short, The Genomic Kitchen Express course teaches you everything you need to know about your genes, how they shape your health, and how to get started today with simple changes to the food you buy, prepare and eat. This IS the new food conversation at the forefront of medicine.
The Genomic Kitchen Express course is taught by Amanda Archibald, RD, a pioneer in the field of Culinary Genomics (how to prepare food that talks to your genes). Amanda unites cutting-edge science with more than 24 years of teaching and consulting in the culinary arts, nutrition science and and nutrigenomics to help steer you on a clear and concise path to long-term health.
What you will learn
- What genes are. Why they are so important.
- How they impact YOUR health
- How food "speaks" the language of your genes
- Which food to choose and how it supports your genes and the way body functions
- How to prepare food to provide the most information to your genes, and get the best return on ingestion – “R.O.I.”
- Simple cooking strategies and recipes that get delicious food on your plate with minimal fuss
- How to do all of this without a genomic test
The Genomic Kitchen Express Course Includes
- More than 4 hours of exclusive content connecting the dots between food and your health
- 12 short self-paced sessions
- Four sessions edicated to culinary strategies that help you get the right food on your plate without a cookbook
- Our exclusive Genomic Kitchen Ingredient Toolbox
- 34 "Get started" recipes
- Visually informative "roadmaps"
Why YOU should take this Course
- You are an informed health seeker and want to keep abreast of “what’s next” in health
- You look for recommendations backed by credible, 21st century science and demand the proof as well
- You believe that food and the kitchen is at the heart of the healing and health space
- You want fast, factional food and nutrition advice without the sensation or the fads
- You believe that what you eat is deeply connected to your health
You’re in the right place!
Now pull up your comfy chair and join me on a journey to the very center of your health. See you in the kitchen.
Amanda Archibald is a nationally-recognized nutrition expert (RD) who has been involved in lecturing, teaching and thought innovation for individuals, health professionals, chefs, foodservice operations and corporations since 2003. In 2015 Amanda unveiled the concept of Culinary Genomics in Johannesburg, South Africa (Translational Nutrigenomics Conference) and at The Institute for Functional Medicine International Conference in Austin, Texas. Her "cutting-edge" work uniting science and medicine with the kitchen opened up a new frontier for food, placing genes and the kitchen at the epicenter of healing. In short, a new food and health conversation was ignited.
The concept of culinary genomics shared in this course is currently being piloted on menu at a 5 hospital system in California, with the goal of reshaping food and health knowledge for clinical staff, employees and importantly, patients.
Amanda has taught in more than 100 U.S. locations, Canada, Europe, and South Africa. She is a frequent presenter at health, medical and food-focused conferences. Recent presentations and invites include The Integrative Health Symposium, NYC, The International Neurogastronomy Symposium, KY, Supplyside West, NV and the Bioceuticals Clinical Symposium, Sydney Australia (2019). Amanda is involved in a number of courses for nutrition and health professionals, where she teaches how to combine genomic information with food and the culinary arts to treat complex health issues. She also works with individuals in private practice.
A native European, but naturalized American for more than 20 years, Amanda currently resides in Western Wisconsin next to the mighty Mississippi River.
Frequently Asked Questions
Get started now!
Your genes are essential to life. They contain the genetic information that makes up YOUR unique blueprint. Each gene holds a unique recipe for a specific protein in your body. Genes ensure life by producing proteins which are the framework of your body in the form of muscles and bones for example. They are also movers and shakers, responsible for getting work done around the body in the form of enzymes. Without proteins, there is no life. In this course, you’ll learn more about how genes work, how that impact your health and why everyone is talking about them.
While many things influence your genes, food IS their principal information source. Genes respond to food by creating the proteins to support the biochemical circuitry that drives your body. What you eat and how you prepare it determines the quality of information passed on to your genes.
The food you eat can turn genes on and turn them off. We now know how to choose food to target specific genes that impact inflammation, mood, removal of toxins, support energy production, activate fat burning and more.
In this course you’ll learn which food to choose, how that food influences your genes, and what the impact is on your health. This is why we created The Genomic Kitchen Ingredient Toolbox, which you’ll be unpacking session by session in The Genomic Kitchen Express course.